Please review the following to ensure your eligibilty to take exam(s) before CASLI assigns the exam to your account.
ALL candidates MUST have BOTH a RID ID number AND CASLI account.
- For RID account, go to RID Login Page to create an account if you do not already have one. A 5 digits RID ID number will be assigned to you.
- For CASLI account, go to CASLI Exam System page and create an account if you do not already have one.
If you currently have national certification recognized by RID, specifically: CDI, CI/CT, NIC, NIC-advanced, NIC-Master, NAD III/IV/V, CSC, RSC, MCSC, IT/IC, CLIP, CLIP-R, OTC, or any other RID certification, general or specialist, THEN PLEASE STOP HERE. Please Refer to the Eligibility Requirements for CASLI Exams. Those currently holding only Ed:K-12 certification are exempt and are eligible to take CASLI exam.
CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam - (This exam replaces the NIC Knowledge and CDI Knowledge that have been retired as of January 1, 2021)
Candidate pursuing the NIC Certification - no pre-requiste other than having both RID and CASLI accounts
Candidate pursing the CDI Certification -
The new CASLI Performance Exam NIC (for hearing interpreter (released July 6, 2022)
- Candidate must have successfully passed the NIC Knowledge exam or CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam (Fundamental of Interpreting portion is required before taking the Performance Exam)
- Satisfied the RID educational requirement (Bachelor's degree or approved Alternative Pathway). Please contact RID Certification Department at email@example.com to submit your educational requirment documentaton.
CASLI Performance Exam - CDI (for Deaf interpreter):
- Candidate must have passed CDI Knowledge Exam or both portion of CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam
- Completed the Learning Module of the Bridge Plan (ONLY for those who passed the CDI Knowledge Exam).
- Satisfied RID educational requirement (Bachelor's degree or higher OR approved Alternative Pathway plan). Please contact RID Certification Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your educational requirment documentaton.