I, (as the leader and representative of my church) have read, understood, and accept all of the Jeremiah Project policies, schedules, deadlines & late fees, and all other information contained in this application.
1. Child Protection Policy and Cancellation & Participation Policy I have read and accept the conditions of the Jeremiah Project's Child Protection Policy and the Cancellation & Participation Policy.
2. Preparation Materials. I agree to complete the series of study sessions furnished by the Jeremiah Project prior to the work camp experience to ensure that our team of students and adult leaders will be prepared to serve.
3. Adult/Student Ratio. I agree to provide one same-sex adult for every seven same-sex students. We will round up in all cases. In other words, if we have eight female students, we understand that we are required to bring two female adults. Examples: 1-7 female students = 1 female adult. 8- 10 female students = 2 female adults.
4. Total Cost & Deposit. I have reviewed and understand the total cost per participant. I understand that the initial deposit of $100.00 per participant is non-refundable.
Deposits are transferable until February 1 under the following conditions:
-register up to 7 participants, I may reduce by one participant without loss of deposit.
-register 8-16 participants, I may reduce two participants without loss of deposit.
-register 17-21 participants, I may reduce three participants without loss of deposit.
-register 22-25 participants, I may reduce four participants without loss of deposit.
In all cases, the non-refundable deposit is will be applied to your second payment. All other deposits are non-transferable and those monies are forfeited.
5. Second Payment, Deadline, and Late Fee. I understand that our second payment must be postmarked no later than the date reflected on our JP invoice. Furthermore, I understand that if the second payment is postmarked after this date, the amount due will include a $250.00 late fee. An additional late fee of $100 will be added to your payment for each 30-day period that payment is not received.
6. Final Participant Count: I understand that should I need to reduce our reserved spaces and suffer no additional financial penalty, I must do so in writing by February 1. If I fail to reduce our numbers at this time, I understand that I must pay the full participant fee for the number of participant spaces that have already been reserved, regardless of our final numbers.
7. Final Payment, Deadline, and Late Fee. I understand that our final payment must be postmarked no later than the date reflected on our JP invoice. Furthermore, I understand that if the final payment is postmarked this date, the amount due will include a $250.00 late fee charge. An additional late fee of $100 will be added to your payment for each 30 day period that payment is not received.
8. Team Roster Submission Deadline & Penalty. I understand that the deadline for accurately submitting our team roster is 14 (fourteen) days prior to the start of our mission week. Furthermore, I understand that failure to meet this deadline will result in a $250.00 per team penalty.
9. "Tag-Teaming" Fee. I understand that JP requires all participants to remain in camp the entire week. This policy applies to adult leaders as well. In the event that an adult must leave early and be replaced by another adult ("tag-teaming") I agree to pay a $250.00 fee per incident. The exception to this is when an adult has a family emergency.
10. Background Checks. I understand that the deadline for submitting verification that our adult leaders have been successfully screened is June 15. Furthermore, I understand that the process for background checks can take longer than one month to complete and will make this a priority to ensure the safety and well-being of all campers and participants.
11. Arrival/Departure Policy. I understand that JP requires all participants to arrive between 2-3:30pm on Sunday with their mission team and remain in camp until the camp week concludes at 10:00am on Saturday. Late arrivals and early departures are prohibited for both student and adult participants. Exceptions include an illness or death in the family.
12. Adult Work Team Leaders. I understand that the Jeremiah Project cannot guarantee that two adult leaders will be placed on every work team. Although JP requires background checks for all of our staff 18 years and older, and from all adult church participants, we do not believe it is necessary - nor feasible - to increase the adult to student ratio in order to guarantee two adults per work team.
13. Required Transportation. The Jeremiah Project requires that each church bring one (1) 7-Passenger (or larger) vehicle for every 7 people. Vehicles must be large enough to seatbelt a 7-member team as well as carry several tools, a large chest cooler and water cooler to the work site each day. Churches are responsible for all vehicle expenses, including fuel. Drivers must be at least 25 years of age. Cars, pickup trucks, and other vehicles that are not able to safely transport a minimum of 7 people are not acceptable.