The IST certification includes new policies which are detailed in the IST Candidate Handbook. One of the new policies requires that each person holding the IST certification must agree to the following statement.
By checking the box and signing my name below I agree to the following:
1. I attest that all information provided in my application is complete and accurate.
2. I agree to comply with all policies and provisions of the certification program including the CEDIA Certification Code of Conduct.
3. I agree to provide any information needed to determine the my eligibility for initial and/or continued certification and to cooperate fully with any disciplinary investigations.
4. I agree to make claims regarding certification only with respect to the scope for which certification has been granted.
5. I agree to not misuse the credential, certification mark, and or certificate, or to use them in a misleading manner.
6. I agree to not use the certification in a manner that would bring CEDIA and/or the Certification Commission into disrepute, and not to make any statement regarding the certification which the Certification Commission considers misleading or unauthorized;
7. I agree to immediately discontinue all claims to certification, discontinue use of the credential/ certification mark, and return any certificates issued, if certification is suspended, revoked or expired.
8. I agree to not copy, release, share, or otherwise disclose confidential examination materials or participate in fraudulent test-taking practices.