Have more than one dog? Please also fill in this Additional Dog form!
All Overnight Care clients must use a front-clip harness for insurance purposes.
In case of emergency:
For the Vet:
The undersigned gives express permission to Discover Dogs to transport any of their pets for care to the above-mentioned veterinarian (or closest available clinic) in the event of an emergency. I give permission for the hospital, clinic, doctor or Discover Dogs employee to okay and administer whatever care and medications may be necessary for my pet.
For Discover Dogs:
I agree to reimburse Discover Dogs for all costs associated with the visit to the vet including but not limited to services administered by the veterinarian and compensation for employee’s time.
1. To the best of their knowledge, the client must provide an accurate history of any aggression, bites, muzzle orders, or health issues involving their pet.
2. Discover Dogs will provide all services in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. However, incidences will still occur from time to time. The client expressly waives any and all claims against Discover Dogs and it’s employees in the event of; injury to your pet, damages caused by your pet(s) to other persons, property or pets, or any other claim resulting from normal pet activities.
3. Due to the unpredictable nature of our service Discover Dogs will not be held liable in any way for any illness, injury, loss or death of your pet while your pet is in our care.
4. It is the sole responsibility of the client to pet proof any area of the home and or property to which the pet has access. Discover Dogs is not responsible for any injuries or damages caused by your pet while on your property.
5. The client agrees to purchase any walking equipment required by Discover Dogs to enable them to do their job safely including, but not limited to; a harness and a 6’ x 1” leash.
6. You acknowledge and agree that, when necessary, we will communicate with you via the email address you have provided to us. By checking the box below you are granting us permission to communicate with you electronically.
7. We may take pictures and videos of our happy clients and use such in media in promotion of the business including but not limited to web publishing.
8. Discover Dogs reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time if in its sole discretion it determines that a pet is improperly cared for, or if the pet poses a danger to the health and safety of the employee and/or the public.
9. Running off leash carries its own unique set of risks. Please initial below if you wish your pet to play off leash. Initialing indicates you are aware of the risk and release Discover Dogs of any and all liability.
Staying With Discover Dogs
10. Pet Sitting requests require a $25 deposit which is forfeit should the client cancel the requested stay. If the stay takes place, the $25 deposit is removed from the final bill. Should Discover Dogs be unable to provide a sitter for the requested dates, the client will be refunded the full $25 deposit.
11. It is the responsibility of the client to provide Discover Dogs with alarm information and safe code. In the event that the client chooses not to provide alarm information they will be held liable if the alarm is activated during service.
12. The client agrees to pay for any damage caused to a sitter' car by your pet. This includes but is not limited to; chewing a leash or seatbelt, chewing a piece of equipment or having an ‘accident’ in the car.
13. As per the Vet Release Form, an employee is authorized to obtain emergency veterinary care with the release from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment and expense.
14. Any Pet Sitting or House Sitting cancellations made less than 7 days before the start of service will incur a cancellation cost of 50% of the service fees that would be applicable within the first 7 days from notice. This includes last minute bookings.
15. The client is responsible for reimbursing Discover Dogs for any food, supplies, or veterinary care purchased for your pet while in our care.
16. Additional fees may include the purchase of necessary items for the care of the pet(s), including but not limited to pet food, bark collars, transportation, and unexpected behaviour or healthcare expenses. The Sitter shall retain and submit receipts as proof of additional expenses.
Pet Food Pick Up - not in DD Store = $10 Product Pick up FeeChewing Entertainment - $3-5 per dayBark Collar = $10 for entire duration of stayTransportation Fee = $5 per 10 minutesDestruction Fee = $30.00 clean up plus damagesDe-skunking Bath = $75 for cleanup and bath
17. Should any pet(s) require 24 hour care due to health, age or behaviour, Discover Dogs must be fully informed of and equipped to cater to their needs (this includes puppies under 6 months, and dogs experiencing separation anxiety). An additional charge of $45 per day should be expected.
18. At time of booking all pet(s) must be free from transmittable illnesses and parasites. Should your pet(s) be found to have fleas during their stay, Discover Dogs will proceed with treatment immediately (cost of medication depends on the size of the dog) and a charge of $75 will be added to your invoice to cover subsequent cleaning costs.
19. In the unlikely event of illness or personal emergency to Pet Sitter, Owner will authorize Pet Sitter to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth in this contract. Owner will be notified in such a case.
I have read over, understand and agree to the terms of this form.