Please note: Joining the VA Chess Federation is NOT the same as being a member of the US Chess Federation. It does NOT get you a US Chess ID number, which every player needs to play in a rated chess tournament.
To join the US Chess Federation, or renew your expiring membership, please follow this link and you can get a discounted US Chess membership through the VA Chess Federation. Or, if you prefer, go directly to the US Chess website at www.uschess.org.
Conversely, a US Chess membership does NOT give a player membership in the VA Chess Federation. For VA residents to play in one of our tournaments, membership in BOTH organizations is required.
- Membership in the Virginia Chess Federation (VCF) brings with it the priviledge of receiving the VCF Newsletter 6-times each year. Our Newsletter is edited by FIDE Master Macon Shibut, a 3-time Virginia Champion.
- To join the VCF, or renew your existing or expired membership, please fill out the information on the form and submit your payment using the secure PayPal payment website. You can use your credit card or your PayPal account to render your payment. You don't need a PayPal account to pay for your membership.
- A red asterisk (*) indicates required information.
- Registration is complete after your PayPal payment has been processed.
- If you need to join the US Chess Federation, or renew your membership, go to www.uschess.org and select the "JOIN" option from the menu bar.